Your CLIMATE News: best practices to decarbonize, exclusive CHOICE events and insights into our CLIMATE team!
3 years. 70+ webinars. 4,000+ peers. The Choice Events are all about best practices to drive decarbonization along the supply chain.
13.00 bis 14.00 Uhr
CBAM, short for Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism, is a groundbreaking EU tool to address the challenge of carbon leakages. Those occur when companies shift carbon-intensive production to countries with less stringent climate policies. The mechanism ensures that imported goods carry a fair carbon price equivalent to their domestic counterparts, aligning with the EU’s ambitious climate goals.
CHOICE Event #70:
Together we get our deep dive into CBAM:
– Fair Carbon Pricing: How does CBAM works connected to the carbon market?
– Carbon Mitigation: How does CBAM safeguards against the risk of carbon leakage?
– Global Climate Impact: How does the mechanism contributes to the EU’s climate efforts?
– Implementation Phases: What happens now after the first reporting obligations?
To explore CBAM together, we invite BearingPoint as a partner to the CHOICE Event #70.
Register now for free!
THE CLIMATE CHOICE offers this event as part of the CHOICE Event series, which presents best practice solutions for climate transformation.
1 - 2 pm CEST
Supplier engagement is crucial for driving decarbonization in supply chains. Many companies however struggle to collaborate with their international partners, for several reasons. Meanwhile especially Asia is a significant manufacturing hub with a vast network of suppliers. Engaging these suppliers is essential as they contribute considerably to global emissions, and potentially to your own supply chain.
CHOICE Event #71:
In this webinar we explore together with act renewable, the options for supplier engagement through renewable energy implementation in Asia. Together we get our deep dive into:
– Scope 3 Impact: How engaging suppliers helps identify and mitigate indirect emissions, typically a substantial portion of a company’s carbon footprint from the supply chain (Scope 3).
– Global Challenge: What Asia’s role in global supply chains means for decarbonization efforts and how engaging suppliers in this region is pivotal for achieving meaningful reduction results.
– Market Drivers: Why engaging suppliers is not only key to meet rising customer expectations but can also open doors to markets where sustainable practices are becoming prerequisites – driven by stricter environmental regulations, climate taxes, technical development and costs metrics.
– Best Practices: How corporates and suppliers can overcome potential challenges, assessing the availability and applicability of renewable energy solutions in selected countries to reduce emissions.
To explore Supplier Engagement for Decarbonization together, we invite act renewable as a partner to the CHOICE Event #71.
Trang Nguyen (Asia Advisory Services) heads up the act renewable team in Asia. She is working closely with global corporates and their supply chains for more than 8 years to develop RE solutions as part of their decarbonizing efforts.
Nicolás García Ortega (Renewable Energy Strategy) is dedicated to finding the most effective solutions to customer challenges like: aligning energy demand with emission reduction goals, and the RE options available in different locations.
Register now for free!
THE CLIMATE CHOICE offers this online webinar as part of the CHOICE Event series, which presents best practice to drive Scope 3 decarbonization.
WANT TO SHARE BEST PRACTICES FOR DECARBONIZING THE SUPPLY CHAIN FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Send us your request to share expertise in a CHOICE Event.