Your CLIMATE News: best practices to decarbonize, exclusive CHOICE events and insights into our CLIMATE team!
Scope 3 reduction in focus – Climate Transformation Summit brings together international and cross-industry climate expertise03/29/2023
- Initiatives around the world (WEF, SBTi, CDP etc.) are currently calling for Scope 3 reduction – as companies struggle to reduce the emissions of their supply chains, even though they typically make up for 90% of their total climate impact.
- The online Climate Transformation Summit addresses this challenge and provides an interdisciplinary platform for exchange of Best Practices on May 11th and 12th, 2023.
- In interactive panels, workshops and an online fair, the latest knowledge on decarbonizing supply chains from politics and science will be put into practice together – with leading sustainability officers, procurement leaders and decision-makers.
Berlin, March 29th, 2023 – On May 11th and 12, the online Climate Transformation Summit 2023 (#CTS2023) will enable cross-industry knowledge transfer on Scope 3 reduction. International climate experts such as Paula Caballero, the “Inventor of the SDGs”, David Carlin (TCFD), Daniel Mazure (UN Global Compact), Anna Rathmann (Jane Goodall Institute) and Sonja Bhonsle (Carbon Disclosure Project) will share their expertise and meet climate practitioners from IKEA, Ericsson, Orange, Danone, Ørsted and Deutsche Bahn, among others. The summit is organized by The Climate Choice, the climate intelligence platform empowering the decarbonization of companies and their supply chains.
Why focus on Scope 3? CO2 emissions from the supply chain are on average 11.4 times higher than direct emissions, but at the same time particularly difficult to reduce, as data and collaboration is missing. A recent survey by the Science Based Targets initiative found that only 6% of companies with science-based climate targets work with specific supplier data. Leading initiatives such as the World Economic Forum, Science Based Targets initiative or Carbon Disclosure Project now point out more than ever the big need for data-driven action in decarbonizing Scope 3.
At #CST2023, the Climate Community of climate experts, practitioners, enthusiasts and change makers will share best practices and discuss together:
- How can companies transform holistically to decarbonize?
- How can transparent and data-based collaboration with suppliers drive emission cuts in the supply chain?
- What role do new skills, tools and smart decisions play in the transformation journey of companies?
The Climate Community will get to the bottom of these questions. In interactive panels, workshops and an online fair, all participants will discuss the current challenges together with over 50 speakers, workshop hosts and exhibitors. The goal is both interdisciplinary exchange and future-oriented cooperation beyond the confines of one’s own company.
Lara Obst, Co-Founder and CEO of The Climate Choice, explains: “Companies today face three big hurdles in Scope 3 reduction: Lack of data from suppliers, the resulting poor verifiability of climate actions, and finally, insufficient sharing of best practices. At the Climate Transformation Summit 2023, we therefore find out together how companies can holistically manage their climate targets within the company and along the supply chain through data-driven and automated processes and support their suppliers on the decarbonization journey.”
The #CTS2023 will be held online and in English as a digital climate summit for practitioners.
- More information about the Climate Transformation Summit 2023
- More information about The Climate Choice
About The Climate Choice
The Climate Choice is the climate intelligence and supplier engagement platform trusted by leading brands to save costs and automate time intensive processes for decarbonization. Everything you need to set up, test, manage and achieve your supplier climate engagement targets – from data acquisition to tracking and engagement. With the climate intelligence platform you can access and acquire a wide range of audit-ready company risk as well as emission data and support your suppliers in their decarbonization journey.